Updating canadian citizenship card

If you are a citizen of another country and you have concerns about whether or not your citizenship status in that country may be affected by applying for a Canadian citizenship certificate, you should inquire with the embassy, high commission or consulate of that country.On April 17, 2009, the rules for Canadian citizenship changed for persons born outside Canada to Canadian parents and who were not already Canadian citizens when the rules changed.If your card/certificate was lost or stolen, you should report it to your local police department. We stopped issuing the plastic wallet sized citizenship cards with the commemorative certificates in February 2012.If you lost your card or need to make a change to it, you must apply for a citizenship certificate. The commemorative certificates that were given out with the plastic citizenship cards cannot be used as proof of citizenship. If you are not sure if you have a commemorative certificate or not, see the examples of citizenship certificates.Please refer directly to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website for eligibility information, detailed instructions, and application forms to obtain a proof of Canadian citizenship document.Applications for search of citizenship records and applications to renounce Canadian citizenship are also available on the IRCC website.

If you're a Canadian citizen, use these steps to apply for a citizenship certificate.The application form can also be retrieved at the Embassy of Canada in Lebanon during working hours.All applications must be submitted in person at the Embassy of Canada in Lebanon.Note: Original citizenship/naturalization certificates and pink transmission copies submitted with your application will not be returned and are retained by IRCC.If your application is approved, you will only receive your replacement certificate.